In today’s market, increased demands are placed on operating plants to become more efficient and cost effective. At Allan R. Nelson Engineering, we understand the need to ensure equipment operates at its optimum performance during its entire lifecycle.
We have professionals on staff with diverse experience in maintenance engineering. We perform “root cause” failure analysis on equipment to effectively establish corrective solutions. Whether the job entails a design review of equipment, or a suitability assessment of equipment, our approach is tailored to our customers’ needs.
We provide equipment assessments and failure analysis for the following:
- Drill and service rig equipment
- Rotating equipment vibration problems
- Machinery for the mining, construction, forestry and petroleum industries
- Original equipment manufacturers (OEM) independent design reviews and fitness for use analysis
- Pumping systems analysis
- Troubleshooting recurring equipment problems
- Failure Analysis of equipment for law firms
Our computer modeling techniques extend to dynamic simulations of rotating equipment and their supporting structures to fully understand equipment vibration and associated effects on equipment life. This enables Allan R. Nelson Engineering to perform timely “what-if” scenarios to either extend equipment life or improve an existing design.