Investigation of a Restaurant Fire

explore

Allan R. Nelson Engineering investigated a fire that took place in a restaurant, leading to extensive smoke damage to the structure. We were asked determine the reason for the significant spread of smoke damage.

Our investigation determined that a cover had been left off the vent system. Extensive forensic examination was required to determine that the cover had not been properly reinstalled after vent cleaning. A flare-up on the grill ignited residual grease within the system, causing the fire, which then spread in the vent system, allowing the smoke to escape through the missing vent cover into the overall building structure.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s