Residential Carbon Monoxide Fatality

The Magical

We were asked to investigate a residential carbon monoxide fatality. The home owner had recently had a boiler installed in his acreage home, and the insurance company believed that the boiler was the source of the problem.

We were able to review the installation of the boiler and compare it to CSA code  CAN/CSA–B149.1-05. We found that the boiler was a natural gas unit and had been connected to a propane line without the proper conversion kit. This allowed fatal levels of CO to escape the system, and resulted in the death of the home owner.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s