Investigation of a Restaurant Fire

Investigation of a Restaurant Fire

explore

Allan R. Nelson Engineering investigated a fire that took place in a restaurant, leading to extensive smoke damage to the structure. We were asked determine the reason for the significant spread of smoke damage.

Our investigation determined that a cover had been left off the vent system. Extensive forensic examination was required to determine that the cover had not been properly reinstalled after vent cleaning. A flare-up on the grill ignited residual grease within the system, causing the fire, which then spread in the vent system, allowing the smoke to escape through the missing vent cover into the overall building structure.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *